Guest FAQ (A-Z)
The Fly Rail FAQ
Do I need a Vimeo account to watch any of the free performances?
Nope, free performances are available to anyone with or without a subscription.
Which performances will be free?
Most performances will debut as free and the performance description will identify how long it will be available before becoming exclusive to subscribers.
Why aren’t performances like “the Nutcracker” available as a part of the subscription?
Some events have higher production values than others and a small ticket price helps ensure the quality of those events and others to come.
I’m looking for a specific old performance, but I don’t see it?
There is a rich back catalogue of Jordan College of the Arts performances, which will take time to make available to the public. If there is a specific performance you are looking for, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Performance Request.” Note: not all performances will be eligible for upload but we will do our best to showcase a variety of events.
Content featured on the Butler Arts & Events Center Fly Rail has been/will be recorded for educational use and archival purposes only by Butler University. The recording of this content for purposes outside of the aforementioned is strictly prohibited.
For all Butler Arts & Events Center venues, wheelchair accessible tickets for reserved seating events are available for purchase online at butlerartscenter.org, in person at the Clowes Hall Box Office or by phone at (317)940-6444 or (800)732-0804. Additional fees apply for online and phone sales. Purchase standard tickets for general admission events and event ushers will direct you to the accessible seating. For additional information call the Clowes Memorial Hall Box Office at (317)940-6444 or (800)732-0804.
Butler Arts & Events Center offers special services at each venue. More information is available here.
Digital advertising information is available here!
There is an ATM located in the lobby of Clowes Memorial Hall. If Clowes is unavailable, there is an ATM on the street level of the Sunset Parking Garage and at Jordan Hall (main floor, southeast corner). The ATM’s are managed by Elements Financial.
BARS AND CONCESSIONS
Bars with concession items are available at most evening performances at Clowes Memorial Hall and Schrott Center for the Arts.
BOX OFFICE & TICKETS
Clowes Memorial Hall serves as the primary Box Office for all Butler Arts & Events Center Shows. On nights of performances, ticket services will be available at each venue. During the daytime, regular Box Office hours are Wednesday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tickets are available for purchase online at butlerartscenter.org or in person at the Clowes Hall Box Office. Tickets are also available online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone (800)982-2787. The Ticketmaster phone system is automated. Additional information on tickets.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges on tickets. The Butler Arts & Events Center is unable to guarantee the validity of tickets unless they are purchased through our Box Office in person, online at Butlerartscenter.org or through Ticketmaster.com. We are unable to reprint tickets purchased from a third party.
- The Box Office is open 2 hours prior to show time, and 30 minutes after curtain. At Clowes, the Box Office offers advance ticket sales to future performances up to 1 hour prior to the event. Advance sales are not available at other venue box offices.
- Every patron must have a ticket regardless of age.
- Will Call tickets may be picked up 2 hours before the event or during regular business hours. Some exceptions may apply.
- Tickets must be presented on a mobile device or hard tickets purchased at the Box Office. All tickets, printed or mobile must have a valid barcode or QR code.
- Print-at-Home tickets are no longer available. The ticket purchase confirmation is not a valid ticket.
Need help navigating Butler University’s campus? Check out interactive campus map for information and fun facts about our campus.
CHILDREN & AGE RESTRICTIONS
Every patron must have a ticket regardless of age. Please contact (317)940-6444 for questions regarding program content.
Coat check is offered to guests in Clowes Memorial Hall and the Schrott Center for the Arts.
During business hours and during Clowes event, patrons may call (317)940-9697 for information and/or assistance. During events, you may reach the Schrott Center for the Arts at (317)940-2039. For other non-event related questions or inquiries, you may email email@example.com.
Doors open one (1) hour prior to each ticketed event unless otherwise advertised/posted.
In the event of an emergency and you need assistance, please contact event staff, security, police or EMTs.
GUEST WIRELESS ACCESS
Butler has an open wireless network for guests that is available campus-wide. Select “BU Guest/Open Wireless” to connect your device.
The box office will open 2 hours before each event (in all venues) and remain open for 30 minutes into the performance. At Clowes, the Box Office offers advance ticket sales up to 1 hour prior to the event.
Latecomers may be required to wait until a suitable pause in the performance before they may be seated.
LOST and FOUND
If you’ve lost an item at any of the venues, please call (317)940-9697 or visit Clowes Memorial Hall in person to inquire. You may be asked to describe the lost item and you will be asked to present a photo ID to claim items. After a certain period of time, uncollected items are donated to a local organization so we ask that you contact the facility within 25 days of losing your item.
Visitor and event parking for Clowes Memorial Hall, Schrott Center for the Arts, Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall and Lilly Hall Studio Theatre is available in the parking garage facility, located in the 4700 block of Sunset Avenue, between 46th and 49th Streets. Access the 1000-space garage from Sunset Avenue. For most events there is a $10 parking fee.
The Sunset Avenue Parking Garage is open 24 hours a day, with a standard rate structure, but may be subject to special event parking fees. Additional information on parking is available at the Butler Parking Website. There may be dates and times where there are multiple events on campus and there may be parking fees for campus surface parking.
All Shelton Auditorium visitor and event parking is available in two lots located at the Butler South Campus building. Parking lots are accessible off of West 42 Street or Haughey Ave. Note, there is a shorter distance from the 42nd Street lot to the Shelton Auditorium for those with mobility concerns.
Summer Conference participants staying in residence halls are directed to specific lot(s) designated for their use as part of their contractual agreement. The cost of car parking is included in each summer conference guest’s stay.
Unless announced or posted, the use of cameras and recording equipment is prohibited during performances. Media access must be coordinated with the venue prior to the event. Call (317)940-9697 to request credentials.
The following items are prohibited on Butler Arts & Events Center property:
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to: Firearms (with or without permit); Hunting Knifes / Switchblades; Pepper Spray or Mace; Flares or Fireworks
- Oversized bags (Bag larger than 12” x 12”, including all backpacks, briefcases, luggage, or duffle bags)
- Illegal Substances
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Electronic devices larger than a cell phone (Laptops, iPads, TouchPads, or other tablets), Laser Pointers / flashlights
- Professional or flash photography, tripods, monopods, selfie-sticks
- Audio or Video recording devices
- Signs larger than 11” x 17” or any sign attached to a stick or pole
- Skateboards, hover boards, rollerblades, scooters, or bicycle
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint, silly string
- Noise making devices (e.g. Air Horns, drums, whistles)
The Butler Arts & Events Center reserves the right to prohibit any item, including items not listed above, from entering the premises based on any particular show request or requirement.
There are no pass-outs with ticketed events. Once a patron leaves the venue, further access will not be allowed (this includes no pass-outs for smoking).
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
Chatham Tap is now open on the Campus of Butler University street level of Sunset Parking Garage (4702 Sunset Ave). It’s a neighborhood pub with a full food and drink menu.
In addition, Butler University is close to several neighborhoods with a variety of dining options. Use your favorite app or search engine to explore dining options in Broad Ripple Village, SoBro (South Broad Ripple), Meridian Kessler and Butler-Tarkington Neighborhoods. Butler University is also only 15 minutes from Downtown Indianapolis. Click Here for more options.
All Butler Arts Center venues are subject to security checks (i.e. bag checks, metal detectors, etc.). At Clowes Memorial Hall, the main entrance is on the south side of the building and guests will cue to a metal detector and bag check before being allowed inside. If a patron has a security concern at any of the venues, please contact event staff, security, police or EMTs.
Trained service animals (not emotional support animals) assisting guests with disabilities are permitted. Service animals must remain on a leash or harness at all times and will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability. All other animals are prohibited.
Please be advised that performances may feature one or more of the following elements as special effects during events: Lasers, strobe lights, smoke, confetti.
There are several options for access to the campus of Butler University.
- IndyGo, Indianapolis Public Transportation with routes 18 and 28 serving campus and transfers from the Red Line at 38th Street. The Red Line is 1.2 Miles from campus.
- Ride Share drivers (i.e. Uber and Lyft) may pull into the front loop in front of Clowes or use the public transportation stop in front of the new Business School (grassy mall).
- Bike racks are located throughout campus.
Follow directional signage for access to venues. For Clowes Memorial Hall, patrons must access via the main front doors. The side doors are reserved for emergency exits. Public entrance doors for the Schrott Center for the Arts are on the southeast and southwest sides of the building. The side door and entrance closest to the parking lot are for emergency exits only. At Clowes and the Schrott Center for the Arts, guests are welcome to be dropped off at front doors to Clowes located directly off of the turn-around to the south of the building. There is no parking fee to access this area. Those needing additional assistance are welcome to place requests by calling Clowes Memorial Hall at (317)940-9697.
If the performance goes on as scheduled, refunds or exchanges will not be offered unless there is an official State of Emergency in the patron’s county of residence. If there are multiple performances, the Butler Arts & Events Center will make every effort to exchange the tickets before offering a refund. Due to contractual and financial obligations, the BAC will not cancel an event for weather conditions unless Marion County is under an emergency travel order.
The status of public events, parking updates and revised Box Office hours due to adverse weather are communicated at ButlerArtsCenter.org.
What’s Around Butler?
Butler University is five miles from downtown Indianapolis and five minutes from Broad Ripple, a popular section of the city featuring boutiques, cafés, galleries, and a wide array of cuisines. Furthermore, Butler is less than 20 miles from the Indianapolis International Airport. For additional information about Indianapolis and the surrounding area please check out the Visit Indy website.