Butler Arts Center, Clowes Memorial Hall and
The Hoosier Writing Project at IUPUI
invite students in grades 7 – 12, age 13 and older,
to submit your creative works to the
Central and Southern Indiana Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
Let’s Get Started!
Get the INFO!
All 7-12th grade students, age 13 and older, from public, private, charter or homeschools in the U.S., Canada, or American schools can participate in the Scholastic Awards!
Sign Up & Create an Account!
Once you’ve made your masterpiece that demonstrates originality, technical skill, and emergence of a personal vision or voice, visit www.artandwriting.org to create your Scholastic Awards Account, then upload your work(s), signed Submission Form(s), and online payment receipt(s)/fee waiver form. This will be your creativity command center!
Check out works from our past National Medalists to get your creative juices flowing, but remember originality is key. In almost 100 years, there’s only one thing we’ve never seen: You and Your Work! Don’t forget to take a look at our sponsored awards for some very special opportunities!
The Scholastic Awards are the nation’s leading source for recognizing the achievements of creative teens, and we want you to be a part of it!
SCHOLASTIC ART & WRITING AWARDS – THE FACTS
- The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards is the nation’s largest, longest-running, and most prestigious recognition program for creative teenagers in the visual and literary arts.
- Through the Scholastic Awards, teens in grades 7-12 from public, private, or home schools can apply in 29 categories of art and writing for their chance to earn scholarships and have their woks exhibited and published.
- Nearly 300,000 students this year will accept the challenge to go beyond the classroom assignment, creating daring and innovative works.
- But, the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are only half the story: entering is a fantastic opportunity for students to have their voices heard, their visions shared, and an opportunistic way to focus their creative energy.
2019 ART.WRITE.NOW. SCHOLASTIC REGIONAL TOUR DATES
Selected works from the 2019 Scholastic Awards are on display at the following locations:
- Indianapolis Artsgarden September 4 – October 25, 2019
- Cultural Arts Center at IUPUI December, 2019
- Indianapolis Art Center February 7 – March 6, 2020
- Indianapolis International Airport March 15 – July 19, 2020
For updates and news about the Scholastic Awards, including deadlines, notifications, and the latest in art and writing, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information:
Contact: Donna Rund – email@example.com, (317) 940-8052
James Cramer – firstname.lastname@example.org, (317) 940-6414
Supported by The Penrod Society