Guest Information A-Z
Indianapolis – UPDATED MARCH 17 – In accordance with the most recent directives from Governor Holcomb and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concerning COVID 19, events at the Butler Arts and Events Center are cancelled the next eight (8) weeks through Monday, May 11, 2020. Additional events outside of that date range may also cancel so patrons are encouraged to check ButlerArtsCenter.org for the most up-to-date show information regarding cancellations and rescheduled/postponed events.
Effective Tuesday, March 18, the Butler Arts & Events Center Box Office at Clowes Memorial Hall is closed until further notice. Tickets for future events may be purchased online at ButlerArtsCenter.org. For event information or technical assistance contact the box office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the information line at (317)940-6444.
For all Butler Arts & Events Center venues, wheelchair accessible tickets for reserved seating events are available for purchase online at butlerartscenter.org, in person at the Clowes Hall Box Office or by phone at 317-940-6444 or 800-732-0804. Additional fees apply for online and phone sales. Purchase standard tickets for general admission events and event ushers will direct you to the accessible seating. For additional information call the Clowes Memorial Hall Box Office at 317-940-6444 or 800-732-0804.
Butler Arts & Events Center offers special services:
Digital advertising is available in Clowes Memorial Hall. Contact Samantha Cross at email@example.com for more details.
There is an ATM located in the lobby of Clowes Memorial Hall. If Clowes is unavailable, there is an ATM on the street level of the Sunset Parking Garage.
BARS AND CONCESSIONS
Bars with concession items are available at most evening performances at Clowes Memorial Hall and Schrott Center for the Arts.
BOX OFFICE & TICKETS
Clowes Memorial Hall serves as the primary Box Office for all Butler Arts & Events Center Shows. On nights of performances, ticket services will be available at each venue. During the daytime, regular Box Office hours are Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tickets are available for purchase online at butlerartscenter.org or in person at the Clowes Hall Box Office. Tickets are also available online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone 800-982-2787. The Ticketmaster phone system is automated. Additional information on tickets.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges on tickets. The Butler Arts & Events Center is unable to guarantee the validity of tickets unless they are purchased through our Box Office in person, online at Butlerartscenter.org or through Ticketmaster. We are unable to reprint tickets purchased from a third party.
The Box Office is open 2 hours prior to show time, and 30 minutes after curtain. At Clowes, the Box Office offers advance ticket sales to future performances up to 1 hour prior to the event.
- Every patron must have a ticket regardless of age.
- Will Call Tickets may be picked up 2 hours before the event or during regular business hours. Some exceptions may apply.
- Tickets must be presented on a mobile device or hard tickets purchased at the Box Office. All tickets, printed or mobile must have a valid barcode or QR code. Warning: If you view your tickets on a mobile device, transfer them, or print multiple times the bar code on your tickets will be voided and will not scan.
CHILDREN & AGE RESTRICTIONS
Every patron must have a ticket regardless of age. Most performances at the Butler Arts & Events Center are not recommended for children under the age or two. Please contact 317-940-6444 for questions regarding program content.
Coat check is offered to guests in Clowes Memorial Hall and the Schrott Center for the Arts.
During business hours and during Clowes event, patrons may call 317-940-9697 for information and/or assistance. During events, you may reach the Schrott Center for the Arts at 317-940-2039. For other non-event related questions or inquiries, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doors open one (1) hour prior to each ticketed event unless otherwise advertised/posted.
In the event of an emergency and you need assistance, please contact event staff, security, police or EMTs.
The box office will open 2 hours before each event (in all venues) and remain open for 30 minutes into the performance. At Clowes, the Box Office offers advance ticket sales up to 1 hour prior to the event.
Latecomers may be required to wait until a suitable pause in the performance before they may be seated.
LOST and FOUND
If you’ve lost an item at any of the venues, please call 317-940-9697 or visit Clowes Memorial Hall in person to inquire. You may be asked to describe the lost item and you will be asked to present a photo ID to claim items. After a certain period of time, uncollected items are donated to a local organization so we ask that you contact the facility within 25 days of losing your item.
Visitor and event parking for Clowes Memorial Hall, Schrott Center for the Arts, Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall and Lilly Hall Studio Theatre is available in the parking garage facility, located in the 4700 block of Sunset Avenue, between 46th and 49th Streets. Access the 1000-space garage from Sunset Avenue. For most events there is a $10 parking fee.
The Sunset Avenue Parking Garage is open 24 hours a day, with a standard rate structure, but may be subject to special event parking fees. Additional information on parking procedures. There may be dates and times where there are multiple events on campus and there may be parking fees for campus surface parking.
All Shelton Auditorium visitor and event parking is available in two lots located at the Butler South Campus building. Parking lots are accessible off of W. 42 Street or Haughey Ave. Note, there is a shorter distance from the 42nd Street lot to the Shelton Auditorium for those with mobility concerns.
Unless announced or posted, the use of cameras and recording equipment is prohibited during performances. Media access must be coordinated with the venue prior to the event.
When scheduled, pre-performance speaking events occur in the Krannert Room of Clowes Memorial Hall. This room can be reached by heading downstairs either by stairs or elevator located on either side of the lobby. When scheduled at the Schrott Center for the Arts, they take place either in the upper west side of the venue or on the stage.
The following items are prohibited on Butler Arts & Events Center property:
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to: Firearms (with or without permit); Hunting Knifes / Switchblades; Pepper Spray or Mace; Flares or Fireworks;
- Oversized bags (Bag larger than 12” x 12”, including all backpacks, briefcases, luggage, or duffle bags)
- Illegal Substances
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Electronic devices larger than a cell phone (Laptops, iPads, TouchPads, or other tablets), Laser Pointers / flashlights
- Professional or flash photography, tripods, monopods, selfie-sticks
- Audio or Video recording devices
- Signs larger than 11” x 17” or any sign attached to a stick or pole
- Skateboards, hover boards, rollerblades, scooters, or bicycles
- Full facial coverings such as masks
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint, silly string
- Noise making devices (e.g. Air Horns, drums, whistles)
The Butler Arts & Events Center reserves the right to prohibit any item, including items not listed above, from entering the premises based on any particular show request or requirement.
There are no pass-outs with ticketed events. Once a patron leaves the venue, further access will not be allowed (this includes no pass-outs for smoking).
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
Chatham Tap is now open on the Campus of Butler University street level of Sunset Parking Garage (4702 Sunset Ave). It's a neighborhood pub with a full food and drink menu.
In addition, Butler University is close to several neighborhoods with a variety of dining options. Use your favorite app or search engine to explore dining options in Broad Ripple Village, SoBro (South Broad Ripple), Meridian Kessler and Butler-Tarkington Neighborhoods. Butler University is also only 15 minutes from Downtown Indianapolis.
All Butler Arts Center venues are subject to security checks (i.e. bag checks, metal detectors, etc.). At Clowes Memorial Hall, the main entrance is on the south side of the building and guests will cue to a metal detector and bag check before being allowed inside. If a patron has a security concern at any of the venues, please contact event staff, security, police or EMTs.
Trained service animals (not emotional support animals) assisting guests with disabilities are permitted. Service animals must remain on a leash or harness at all times and will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability. All other animals are prohibited.
Please be advised that performances may feature one or more of the following elements as special effects during events: Lasers, strobe lights, smoke, confetti.
There are several options for access to the campus of Butler University.
- IndyGo, Indianapolis Public Transportation with routes 18 and 28 serving campus and transfers from the Red Line at 38th Street. The Red Line is 1.2 Miles from campus.
- Blue Indy has cars and charging stations on campus.
- Ride Share drivers (i.e. Uber and Lyft) may pull into the front loop in front of Clowes or use the public transportation stop in front of the new Business School (grassy mall).
- Bike racks are located throughout campus.
Follow directional signage for access to venues. For Clowes Memorial Hall, patrons must access via the main front doors. The side doors are reserved for emergency exits. Public entrance doors for the Schrott Center for the Arts are on the southeast and southwest sides of the building. The side door and entrance closest to the parking lot are for emergency exits only. At Clowes and the Schrott Center for the Arts, guests are welcome to be dropped off at front doors to Clowes located directly off of the turn-around to the south of the building. There is no parking fee to access this area. Those needing additional assistance are welcome to place requests by calling Clowes Memorial Hall at 317-940-9697.
If the performance goes on as scheduled, refunds or exchanges will not be offered unless there is an official State of Emergency in the patron’s county of residence. If there are multiple performances, the Butler Arts & Events Center will make every effort to exchange the tickets before offering a refund. Due to contractual and financial obligations, the BAC will not cancel an event for weather conditions unless Marion County is under an emergency travel order.
The status of public events, parking updates and revised Box Office hours due to adverse weather are communicated at ButlerArtsCenter.org.
All information Subject to change (updated November 2019)