Intended for Grades PreK-2
Registered School Groups: Adult $15, Student $8
General Public: All Ages $15
The Rainbow Fish will enchant even the youngest child with his silver scales and heart of gold in a new adaptation of Marcus Pfizer’s award-winning books about the beautiful fish who learned to share his most prized possession. Mermaid Theatre’s striking puppetry production includes two delightful companion stories, Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea and Opposites. Don’t miss this opportunity to share this special story with your students!
Theatre & Puppetry, 50 minutes
Kids' Entertainment/Mermaid Theater of Nova Scotia
Curriculum Connections: Science, Literature, Theatre, Visual Arts, Social Emotional Learning
For the Clowes Study Guide Sheet, click here.
Key Standards related to this performance:
Reading Literature 4 – Connection of Ideas
Build comprehension and appreciation of literature by connecting literary elements and themes and analyzing how sensory tools impact meaning
Life Science (K-2 grades) –
- Describe and compare the growth and development of common living plants and animals.
- Describe and compare the physical features of common living plants and animals.
- Develop representations to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
- Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
- Classify living organisms according to variations in specific physical features (i.e. body coverings, appendages) and describe how those features may provide an advantage for survival in different environments.
Theatre Responding –
Anchor Standard 7: Perceive and analyze artistic work
Enduring Understanding: Theatre artists reflect to understand the impact of drama processes and theatre experiences.
*Standards are provided to support your attendance to this performance. For a more complete listing of theatre-related standards, click here.