Doktor Kaboom and The Wheel of Science
Available February 13 – February 27
Recommended age group: 2nd Grade+
So much science, so little time. . .
Doktor Kaboom is having trouble picking his favorite science demonstrations, so he’s bringing them all! Unfortunately, there are way too many to do them all in one show.
The solution: The Wheel of Science!
Doktor Kaboom has built a great big spinning wheel and labeled it with everything from optical illusions to chemical reactions to a homemade hovercraft, and more! At least a dozen fantastic demonstrations ready to go. Wherever the wheel stops, that’s what’s next! Will we turn a water bottle into a rocket or catapult bananas across the stage? Electrocute a pickle or create artificial gravity? Who knows? No two shows will be the same.
So, step right up, and let’s spin that wheel!
• Science: Embedded Inquiry, Embedded Technology and Engineering
• Earth and Space Science: The Universe, The Atmosphere
• Physical Science: Matter, Energy, Motion, Forces of Nature
• Theatre: Character Acting, Comedy
• Health: Preventing Injuries
• Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness (Self-Confidence), Social
Awareness (Respect for Others), Self-Management (Perseverance,
Positive Attitude), Responsible Decision Making
Supplemental Materials (courtesy of the Ordway Center):