Butler Community Arts School - Music Production & Sound Design
Spring 2022 Session:
- Beginning Class: Students will participate in 3 virtual group classes on Saturdays 1p-2p. February 5th, February 19th, March 5th. They will also receive 6, 30-minute virtual private lessons (day/time arranged individually).
- Intermediate Class: Students will participate in 6 virtual group classes on Saturdays 3p-4p. February 5th, February 19th, March 5th, March 19th, April 2nd, April 16th. They will also receive 6, 30-minute virtual private lessons (day/time arranged individually).
- Prerequisites: Either participation in the beginning class OR prior experience working in a DAW, experience working in digital music, and basic skills/navigation of how sound production works.
- Beginning class: $145 per semester (includes materials)
- Intermediate class: $195 per semester (includes materials)
Prerequisites: no prior experience required
Not sure if your student should join the beginning or intermediate class? Email us at BCAS@butler.edu.
Meeting Platform: Zoom. students will need a laptop or desktop, and reliable internet (1.5 mbps min.) to participate via Zoom (free application).
Registration Deadline: January 23, 2021; late applications accepted if available space. Please inquire.
The purpose of this class is to explore the world of digital music, equipping students with the tools to write and produce anything from film scores to hip-hop, pop tunes to experimental soundscapes and everything in between. Because of the vast possibilities that digital music has to offer, our intention is to provide guidance and mentorship to each of our students in a way that is accessible and practical, giving them a foundation on the basic principles of music production. Reading notes and understanding music theory is not required (although we will familiarize students with the basics).
The intermediate class is for students who want to supercharge their music production pursuits. For students who have already taken the beginning Music Production course, this class is the next step in your musical journey. Already have some prior experience working in a DAW? This class is for you. We will explore the lush world of synthesis, the finer points of making a radio-ready mix, how to build a home studio on a budget, and much more!
Tuition is due at least one week prior to the first session.
Need-based scholarships are available. You may apply for scholarship on the registration form or complete the separate Scholarship Application Form.
Contact BCAS@butler.edu or (317) 940-5500 with any questions.